CONAHEC offers the STELLA Staff Mobility Programme
for administrators and support staff of member institutions
In partnership with the Compostela Group of Universities (CGU), CONAHEC offers participation in the CGU's STELLA (Intercontinental) Staff Mobility Programme for administrators and support staff working at CONAHEC member institutions. This program aims at providing opportunities for them to enhance their cross-cultural knowledge and experiences.
About The Compostela Group of Universities (CGU)
The CGU, an initiative of the University of Santiago de Compostela, is a non-profit international association aimed at fostering cooperation and promoting dialogue in all fields related to higher education. The group currently has more than 70 members worldwide who work together to improve higher education for a better society.
To learn more about this organization please visit http://www.gcompostela.org
How the program works
For potential host institutions:
- Institutions interested in hosting visiting administrators or support staff submit the form circulated during the fall semester of each year offering space(s) available to be filled by visiting administrators or support staff
- The institution's offer to host is then reviewed by the STELLA steering committee which selects potential placements
- The list of potential placements is sent out to the memberships of CONAHEC and the other participating organizations
- Interested administrators and support staff then apply (* Applications are received early in the following calendar year and decisions are made by the steering committee regarding the number of applications that are accepted.)
For administrators and support staff interested in participating:
- Subscribe to CONAHEC's "General News" email distribution list to receive timely information about the potential placements being offered by host institutions. To subscribe, visit: http://www.conahec.org and "Register" at the top right.
- In the fall/winter you will receive a message from CONAHEC about STELLA with instructions on how to apply (deadline and procedures will be indicated) in order to be considered for a placement.
- Shortly after you've submitted a complete application, you will be notified of the decision of the steering committee regarding your application/potential placement.
CONAHEC is unfortunately unable to offer scholarships/subsidies for participation in this program neither to host institutions, nor administrative staff that go on an exchange, due to funding limitations.
Length of the Placements
The initiative consists of one to two-week work exchanges between University members within the Compostela Group. All CGU members are invited and encouraged to participate; not only full members but also associate members like FAUBAI (Forum of the Brazilian Universities Assessories to International Matters) and mutual members like CONAHEC (Consortium for North American Higher Education Collaboration). Through the participation of institutions like these, the STELLA Program has expanded its sphere of activities. New possibilities for mobility may come from America (e.g. Brazil, Canada, Argentina, Jamaica, etc.), Asia (Malaysia, Korea), or some countries in Africa (Burkina Faso).
Program Expenses for CONAHEC members
For more information about the program, please visit: http://www.gcompostela.org and find "STELLA Staff Mobility Programme" under "Activities".