The Consortium for North American Higher Education Collaboration (CONAHEC) is a not-for-profit membership-based network of approximately 180 institutions of higher education in Canada, the United States and Mexico, as well as a select group of institutions from other parts of the world. The organization was established shortly after the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) went into effect and was initially designed to support the resulting increase in economic integration by helping institutions of higher education collaborate to develop programs and online casino no deposit educational opportunities to prepare globally knowledgeable professionals able to contribute to the region's continued success. CONAHEC seeks to advance the consolidation of the North American higher education community and its relationship with international partners by promoting collaboration and cooperation among its members and affiliates and providing a variety of fora in which member representatives can meet, interact and develop their collaborative and cooperative projects.
The consortium is inclusive, welcoming the participation of all types of duly accredited higher education institutions which are recognized by appropriate quality assurance and accreditation bodies in their countries of origin. In addition to its main group of members headquartered in the U.S., Mexico and Canada, CONAHEC's Board of Directors approves (or declines) "Affiliate Membership" applications from higher education institutions in other countries interested in collaborating with our group of institutions. Membership in CONAHEC is at the institutional level and is renewed each academic year beginning July 1.
- Helps members find partners for international initiatives and acts as a liaison among them
- Organizes higher education conferences
- Manages simple and efficient academic exchange and mobility programs
- Collaborates with Compostela Group of Universities in a staff exchange program (STELLA)
- Helps members assess internationalization programs
- Promotes its members and their programs at international conferences and events
- Presents at conferences and events on hot topics in international higher education
- Provides personalized electronic information on funding and collaboration opportunities
- Offers custom designed professional development workshops and seminars
- Promotes access and success in higher education for underrepresented groups
- Provides support for data collection, international research, and conference promotion
- Supports the politically independent Student Organization of North America (SONA)
Participation in CONAHEC programs and collaborating with our partners provides many new and exciting opportunities to students, faculty and staff. To find out more, please visit the "Membership and Benefits" section. If your institution is not yet a member, please visit "Join CONAHEC!" to find out what you're missing. If you are not sure if your institution is a member, please visit the "Membership list" page. If you have any questions or if there is any assistance we can provide, please don't hesitate to contact us!